- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Welcome to 4 Paws Animal Hospital
Your Veterinarian in San Diego, CA
Call us at 858-487-7297
Thank you for visiting our website and your interest in our hospital!
We are located in beautiful 4S Ranch and have been serving the community since 2007. It is our mission to treat each and every patient in our hospital with care and compassion, as if they were our own. Our motto, "Providing individualized pet care by design," is one that each of our staff members, including Dr. Bruce L. Barnes and Dr. Brian R. Massey, strongly support and work to uphold daily. By taking into account the individual needs of each and every patient, our goal is to design the best veterinary care necessary to keep your pet strong, happy and healthy!
16625 Dove Canyon Road, Suite #106, (858) 487-PAWS (7297)
We would like to introduce our new groomer "Amanda" she has made a smooth transition here at our facility and can't wait to meet your pets.
Please visit the "About Us" tab and click "4 Paws Staff" to find out more about all of our staff.
We are excited to bring the very latest advancements in veterinary medicine to our patients which include,
- Laser Therapy ( We offer advanced companion laser therapy. Applications include arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia, general pain management, post-surgery pain, hot spots, lick granulomas, ear infections and many more applications.)
- Video Otoscopy (The most effective way to visualize, clean and remove foreign material in your pets ears.)
- Video Rhinoscopy (Gives the doctor the ability to view, biopsy and remove any foreign object from your pets nose.)
- Video Cystoscopy (This procedure lets the doctor view and pass through the urethra into the bladder which allows for biopsy and possible stone removal.)
We are not just a veterinary hospital we also offer Grooming and Boarding for your convenience click here to find out more!
We are proud to offer exceptional, personalized veterinary care to:
- 4S Ranch, Del Sur, The Crosby Estates, Santa Luz, Rancho Santa Fe, Carmel Valley
- Scripps Ranch, Poway, Black Mountain Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Carmel Mountain Ranch
- Santa Fe Valley, Bernardo Springs, High Country West, Camino Bernardo, Torrey Highlands
- and surrounding areas
At 4 Paws Animal Hospital, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.
4 Paws Animal Hospital is an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We will regularly undergo inspections by AAHA to ensure that we comply with the association’s high quality standards of care. Our latest accreditation took place in September 2011 where we passed with flying colors! These standards cover nearly every aspect of our hospital including: surgery, pharmacy, laboratory, exam facilities, pet health records, cleanliness, emergency services, dental and nursing care, diagnostic imaging, and anesthesiology. Approximately 15 percent of animal hospitals in North America are accredited by AAHA. This is a great honor to share with our clients and patients!
What are AAHA Standards? more...
4 Paws Animal Hospital is also a Participant of Pets Best Insurance
Dr. Bruce Barnes
4 Paws Animal Hospital | 858-487-7297
16625 Dove Canyon Road Ste 106
San Diego, CA 92127